South Torrance Real Estate
South Torrance is a an extremely desirable area of Torrance known for its top-performing public schools, family-friendly neighborhoods, proximity to many shopping, restaurants, and of course, the beach! Oh, and the perfect weather! It doesn’t get any better than here! The community offers a high quality of life. From ocean breeze to urban neighborhoods, south Torrance has it all.
South Torrance is located adjacent to Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, West Torrance, and Lomita — all great places to live as well. There are many shops, delicious restaurants, cute plazas with many small local businesses, parks, schools, an airport, and so much more. Torrance’s slogan is called “The Balanced City” for good reason. You will find everything that you need is right here in your backyard!
South Torrance: These are the boundaries of “Zip Code” 90505. Below, you will find specific neighborhoods within 90505.
The median home sales price for a Single Family in Torrance, CA was $1.3M, trending up 16.4% since last September 2020. On median, Single Family homes in Torrance, CA sell after 10 days on the market.
*Data is for Single Family Homes in 90505.
SOUTH TORRANCE AT A GLANCE
South Torrance is broken down by many small, unique neighborhoods that each have their own charm and style
- Southwood Riviera is a sub-neighborhood of South Torrance that borders Sepulveda, Hawthorne, PCH, Calle Mayor, and Anza. This fantastic neighborhood is incredibly family-friendly as it encompasses Arnold Elementary, Calle Mayor Middle, and South High — all top-rated schools in California. This neighborhood also includes a section of Torrance called the Torrance Soils Area.
Frank Kenny has grown up in the Torrance Soils Area and has sold more homes here than any other agent in the South Bay. Frank has been selling homes here since 1999 and will guide you through your purchase or sale. Click Here for our quick article on the Torrance Soils Area which also includes informational links from the City of Torrance as well.
- Hollywood Riviera is a section of South Torrance that is also shared with Redondo Beach. It is located on a hill where many homes have unobstructed ocean and city views. The boundaries are South of Calle Mayor, PCH, and Hawthorne up next to the Palos Verdes boundary. The Hollywood Riviera has a wonderful park called Los Arboles Rocketship Park that offers spectacular views of the city and ocean and is a hotspot for locals as there is an iconic rocket ship to climb into.
- Victoria Knolls is also located on a hill next to Palos Verdes and its borders are Hawthorne, PCH, and Crenshaw Blvd up to the Palos Verdes border. The homes get spectacular views of the city and are a short distance to the Rolling Hills Plaza shopping center as well as the South Coast Botanical Garden. This neighborhood is nestled just south of the Zamperini Field Airport and is a wonderful neighborhood to live in for families. The people of this community are tightly knit and you will often see people walking or running in this area. Victoria Knolls is safe, eclectic, quiet (may hear aircraft noise during the day), and wonderfully located as you will feel the nice ocean breeze on the daily! No AC needed!
- Seaside is a famous neighborhood of South Torrance known for its tree-lined streets and its array of small to large homes. Seaside homes are well-maintained, have a wonderful family community, and close by to the ocean to get a fresh breeze daily. In December, many homes participate in the Christmas Tree Lights called “Sleepy Hollow Christmas Lights”. A must-view if you are in the neighborhood during this time.
- Marble Estates is a small section of South Torrance that borders 230th St, Crenshaw, 235th, and Hickory Park. This pocket neighborhood boasts large homes and is located on the eastern most side of South Torrance. It is a short distance to many shopping centers, Del Amo Mall, and a short distance from Wilson Park.
- New Horizons South Bay (55+ Community) occupies a sizeable amount of land in South Torrance that is completely devoted to those 55 years of age and older. This beautiful community caters to a more active lifestyle as there are many walking paths that meander throughout the complex. New Horizons also has a wonderful golf course, clubhouse, and its units vary from one to three bedroom units and even standalone bungalows. We highly recommend this community! For more information on New Horizons, please leave us your information below and we will help you.
QUICK SEARCH FOR SOUTH TORRANCE HOMES BY PRICE
QUICK SEARCH FOR SOUTH TORRANCE HOMES BY HIGH SCHOOL
South Torrance High School Homes – Own one of these homes and your children will attend South Torrance High School
CHECK YOUR HOME VALUE
Curious to know how much your home might sell for? Check your home value now.